CARF Steel Construction and Platform Systems
In the CARF Steel Construction module you can create layouts in both 2D and 3D models using simple routines. Of course, the associated reporting and dimensioning of all components is also available. You will find all common DIN profiles as well as other country-specific steel profiles stored in catalogues. You can design the steel beams in any MicroStation window in either a 2D or 3D view.
With this module you can build stages, areas and penetrations as required, based on freely deﬁnable polygons. Automatic attachment of 3D steel beams at penetration edges, created as 2D polygons. As an option, and additionally to the selected reference edge like “top center” or “line of gravity”, it is possible to take into account the intersection priorities regarding supports and penetrations. You can use different proﬁle ends designed as head plates, miters or weld gaps for pre-settings and apply them during construction or subsequent adjustments. Cover accessible areas with either detailed grid and sheet metal floors or simple pavements.
With the Platform module, you can easily create assembly platforms, large conveyor system platforms or steel structures for assembling or disassembling plant components such as robot plans.
Functions at a glance:
- Semi-automatic creation of guard rails, including definition of hand rails, knee bars, side protection, foot bars and pole profiles.
- Placement of parametric steel stairs with limit values for step size, convenience and safety
- The system internally verifies these limit values during construction
- Execution of the steps as sheet metal or bulb plate
- Easy creation of ladders as well as ﬂexible modification and representation of main dimensions, rung spacing, wall attachment, back protection and entrance funnel depending on the individual proﬁl
- “Free-form” input of steel structures in a determined area with variable handling of the level of detail of the graphical representation
- Transfer of created layout models via the SDNF interface to production-oriented steel construction programmes, e.g. “Bocad”, and possibility to read in adapted proﬁle values
- Selection of components via a sample database with over 100 stairs, more than 25 ladders and 10 different railing variants