CARF Steel Structures/ Stage Engineering
In the CARF steel structure module, you can generate steel structures using simple routine layouts, in both 2D and 3D models. The associated reporting and dimensioning of all components is naturally available to you. You find all common DIN profiles as well as other country-specific steel profiles stored in catalogues. Design the steel girders in any MicroStation window, either in a 2D or 3D view.
Erect flexible staging, areas and penetrations on the basis of freely definable polygons. Penetration borders can also be automatically generated as 2D polygon, with 3D steel girders. Here, you can take the intersection priority of the supports and penetrations into account – in addition to the selected reference edge such as “top centre” or “centreline of gravity”. Use the various versions of the profile ends in the form of head plates, mitres, or weld gaps for pre-setting during the subsequent design and adjustment. Cover walk-on areas either with detailed grid and sheet metal panels or simple overlay.
You can create erection staging, large conveyor stages or steel structures for the erection or dismantling of system components such as robot tarpaulins by means of the stage module.
Overview of the CARF steel construction module functions:
- Semi-automatic design of railings including definition of hand rails, knee bars, side protection, foot bars and post profiles
- Placing of parametric steel stairs with storage of limiting values for step size, comfort and safety
- System-side checking of these limits during the construction
- Implementation of the stairway steps as normal sheet metal or tear plate
- Easy generation of ladders as well as flexible change and representation of main dimensions, distance between rungs, wall fixing, back protection and flared bottom corresponding to the profile
- “Free-form” entry of any steel structures in the space with variable handling of the degree of detailing of the graphic representation
- Transfer of the layout models created via the SDNF interface to manufacturing-oriented steel structure programs such as “bocad” and the possibility of reading in adjusted profile values
- Selection of components from a database of examples with more than 100 stairs, more than 25 ladders and 10 different variants of railing